Do I need an appointment to get food?
Appointments are needed for:
- In-Person Shopping
- Curbside Pick-up
- Food Delivery
No appointments are needed for:
- Distributions (Thursday afternoons & 3rd Saturday of the Month)
- NAPS Program (Nutritional Assistance Program for Seniors) – Please call the local Second Harvest Heartland office at 651-484-8214 to sign-up.
- Emergency & Flex Packs
How do I schedule an appointment for food?
- Call 651-455-5000 and follow the prompts to request services.
- Your phone call will be answered by the next available team member. (You may also leave a message and we will return your call.)
- We will register your household and schedule one of the following appointments: In-Person Shopping, Curbside Pick-up or Food Delivery.
- You do not need to provide documents or other verifications; registration is done completely over the phone.
Am I eligible?
Neighbors serves people experiencing need in the northern Dakota County communities of: West St. Paul, South St. Paul, Inver Grove Heights, Mendota Heights, Mendota, Lilydale and Sunfish Lake.
What is in a food shelf order?
We provide an assortment of fresh produce, dairy products and meat in addition to pantry staples like canned goods and personal care items.
What if I have a unique situation or need extra help?
We do our best to meet individual needs and give meaningful referrals.
What if I need food right away?
If you need food today and the appointments are full, you may request an Emergency or Flex Pack. These packs are prepacked boxes of food with common shelf stable items.
What if I need something other than food?
Neighbors provides a variety of other services and our professional staff is knowledgeable about resources. Please ask if you have any other needs.
Is it private?
When you visit our food shelf we do not report your name or other identifying information to any other agency without your express consent.
Where are you located?
222 Grand Ave W, South St Paul, MN 55075
Looking to donate to the Food Shelf?
Since 1972, Neighbors has been providing food and hygiene items to a growing number of people from northern Dakota County. Thanks to our generous donors, including individuals and many local businesses, Neighbors is able to provide a variety of healthy and nutritious foods to clients. Clients choose food from our shelves that best meets their wants and needs, with help from one of our volunteers.
To continue serving the community, Neighbors needs your help. Donations of food and funds help those in your neighborhood who may not have enough to eat. Click here to learn more about donating to Neighbors.
Donations can dropped off at the food shelf – located at 222 Grand Avenue West in South St. Paul – between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Ring the doorbell next to the garage door on the lower level.