The Financial Empowerment Center is equipped to help guests take action on meeting their financial goals. It is a great place to access free resources and work on short-term goals. Over the past several months we have assisted guests by:
- Providing free apps to help with budgeting and saving money
- Coaching on building healthy credit
- Guiding the process of disputing a credit report error
- Assisting with an application for health insurance
- Accessing student aid safely and responsibly
- Responding to a garnishment
- Comparing job offers and benefits
While reading these examples, perhaps you are thinking of steps you could take to improve your financial well-being. We invite you to stop by the Center and get started. We provide access to the technology needed to keep up in a digital world and support if you get stuck. For example, we can help you upload documents, create an email account, and set up online bill payments. We even have a notary who can authenticate your important documents for free. Visits to the Center can last up to two hours, and are available on a walk-in basis between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
For long-term or more complex goals, we have Accredited Financial Counselors on staff to help. Our counselors are available by appointment by calling 651-455-5000.
If you have a financial goal, stop by the Financial Empowerment Center to get started. We are here to help!