Neighbors is seeking community volunteers to join their Board of Directors to help steward the legacy of Neighbors and who are dedicated to providing opportunities for our neighbors to thrive.
About Neighbors’ Board of Directors
The board provides governance and leadership support to the organization’s mission, vision and values in accordance with the strategic goals. The Executive Director, along with senior staff, manage the day-to-day operations.
- Actively participate in board meetings. During these sessions, members will participate in the development of strategic goals and budgets, oversee their implementation, and monitor and protect the ﬁnancial solvency of the organization.
- Serve on at least one committee. Committees meet regularly according to the needs of the organization.
- Support Neighbors’ mission. Directors are encouraged to make a personal ﬁnancial gift each year and help secure support from individuals, corporations, organizations or institutions.
- Represent Neighbors in the community. Directors will be informed about the organization and publicly represent it in a positive and knowledgeable way.
Neighbors seeks directors that will represent the communities served in terms of gender, age, cultural diversity, and geography with the following core strengths:
- A passion for the mission of the organization and a commitment to furthering its work by providing opportunities for our neighbors to thrive.
- Leadership and experience that will add valuable perspective to the board.
- The ability and willingness to support the organization and connect the community to it.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
If interested in joining this group of community leaders, please send an email to: email@example.com.