Annual March Donation Drive Helps Stock the Shelves
MN FoodShare March Campaign Benefits Neighbors, Inc.
Donations during the month of March are critical to keep the shelves stocked at the Neighbors, Inc. food shelf.
This past year, Neighbors served more than 6,500 households/families in our food shelf and distributed nearly 900,000 lbs. of food. We added an additional food shelf site in West St. Paul as well as a food delivery program for people without transportation and for people in several low-income housing communities in our area. These new programs have helped Neighbors increase our reach by 30% to help support hunger relief in our community.
“Minnesota FoodShare is our largest food and fund drive of the year. During the pandemic we have adapted our food support programs to meet emerging needs. In addition to our food shelf, we have added a food delivery service and a satellite food shelf location. In order to continue these innovative services, we need the support of our community now more than ever,” said Neighbors, Inc. President and CEO Charlie Thompson.
With generous support from local businesses, faith communities, civic organizations, community members and more, Neighbors hopes to raise a combined total of 400,000 pounds of food and dollars during this year’s campaign to meet the increased demand for food assistance in our community during these uncertain times.
The best way to support Neighbors this year is through financial contributions. Monetary donations through the Neighbors’ website are safe and secure and allow Neighbors the flexibility to use the funds towards our greatest needs. Through partnerships with several area food banks, Neighbors also has the ability to purchase food items at significantly reduced rates, making financial contributions stretch even further.
- Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign Dates: March 1 – April 11, 2021
- Monetary donations can be made online at: neighborsmn.org/donate
- Nonperishable food donations can be placed in the yellow bin outside of the food shelf receiving door at Neighbors (lower level) during business hours
- Group donations and community fundraisers – please call Darcy at 651-306-2149 to arrange details.
- Click here for additional resources – such as posters, videos and prewritten newsletter information
- For any questions about our services, please call 651-455-5000, since our building is currently closed to the public.
About Minnesota FoodShare
Food shelves from across the state engage in the Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign friendly competition to see who can raise the most pounds of food and/or monetary donations. Donations can go even further in March thanks to additional grant money allocated based on competition ranking. The March Campaign helps stock food shelves statewide. Minnesota FoodShare’s March Campaign is a program of the Greater Minneapolis Community Connections (GMCC). This is the 40th anniversary of Minnesota Foodshare.