From the start of spring to daylight saving time, holidays and spring breaks to winter sports tournaments, there’s a lot going on in March. March also happens to be a big month at Neighbors and for food shelves across the state.
The annual Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign serves as our biggest food and fund drive of the year. Not only does it help us stock the shelves for the busy summer months ahead, but it also helps us secure funding that is distributed later in the year – meaning a donation between February 26 and April 8 goes even further.
We’re once again hoping to collect a combined 350,000 pounds/dollars to help feed our neighbors in need, but to do so we need your help! Check below for a list of ways you can make March matter for our community, along with a list of items Neighbors can provide to help with your efforts. If you have any questions or need supplies, contact Darcy at 651.306.2149 or email@example.com.
Ways to Help
- Attend a community event supporting Neighbors. A list can be found here and will be updated throughout the campaign.
- Shop at Cub in Inver Grove Heights (7850 Cahill Road) on March 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Neighbors’ staff and volunteers will be there collecting donations for the food shelf, and everything donated will count toward our March Campaign total!
- Organize a food and/or fund drive, or donate to drives that are already planned in the community, at your office, through your church, etc.
- Host a speaker from Neighbors at an upcoming meeting or event.
- Drop off a food or fund donation at Neighbors during regular business hours (weekdays from 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.).
- Collection bins and barrels
- Posters (digital versions: www.neighborsmn.org/partner-resources)