Hiring: Part-time Assistant in the Clothes Closet Thrift Store
Our mission: Providing opportunities for our neighbors to thrive by connecting volunteers to people in need.
Job Title: Clothes Closet Thrift Store (CCTS) Assistant
Classification: Non-exempt, Part Time (25 hours per week and three hours 1 Saturday per month)
Hiring Range: $16-17 per hour
Position Overview: This position supports the operation of the CCTS by nourishing and supervising volunteers, providing customer service and backing up the CCTS Manager.
Supervised by: CCTS Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the CCTS when open to customers
- Provide guidance to and be knowledgeable about all volunteer positions (especially when CCTS Manager is unavailable)
- Back-up and cover for CCTS Manager during breaks and PTO
- Operate cash register
Desired Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Experience working with and/or alongside volunteers
- Providing customer service
- Ability to operate an electronic register system (Training will be provided)
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States.
- Must be able to bend, sit, stand and lift up to 40-50 pounds without risk of injury to self.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends when required.
- Must pass a drug screening and a criminal and vehicular background check.
- This position is eligible for some benefits.
This job description is a good faith representation of what the job entails and is subject to change.
Interested persons should send a resume or application to email@example.com.