Holiday Gift Assistance
for Children and Seniors
Neighbors’ Holiday Gift Program provides gifts for children age 18 and under or still in high-school as well as older adults aged 65 and over
Applications for Assistance
Holiday program staff will be available from October 28th to December 6th during the following times to accept applications for the 2019 program:
- Monday – Friday from 8:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Closed November 28 & 29)
Please bring copies of the following with you when you apply. If you don’t have access to a printer you may show us verifications on your phone.:
1. Picture identification
2. Verification of current enrollment in any of the following assistance programs:
MFIP – Minnesota Family Investment Program Child Care Assistance
GA – General Assistance Head Start
SNAP – Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program Section 8
NAPS – Nutritional Assistance Program for Seniors Public Housing
WIC – Women, Infants, and Children Energy Assistance
Free and reduced breakfast and lunch Weatherization
- Income information for the household for the previous 30 days
If you have never received assistance from Neighbors before, or you have a new child in your household, we may need additional verification
If you have any questions, please call us at 651-306-2140.
Please note that we are only able to serve people in the communities of South St. Paul, West St. Paul, Inver Grove Heights, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Lilydale and Sunfish Lake. If you would like information about other programs please call the United Way Resource Phone-line by dialing 211.
How can I apply?
- Visit the Welcome Center (upper level) at Neighbors to complete an application form. *Note – this is a change from previous years.
- A Client Engagement Specialist will meet with you to review your application.
- Bring your approved application to the Holiday Gift Program office on the lower level (end of hall). Volunteers will assist you with your wish list(s).
- When your wish list(s) is complete, you will receive a Pick-Up Card with your application number as well as further instructions on receiving your gifts. Please keep this card in a safe location as it will be required when picking up gifts.
- You will be contacted once your gifts are ready for pick-up. (Gifts arrive at all different times, so please be patient.) If you have not heard from us by December 16, please let us know.
- When picking up gifts, please come to the Holiday Gift Program office (lower level) and bring your Pick-Up Card with you. A volunteer will help you carry the gifts to your vehicle.
Si Ud y su familia necesita ayuda para la Navidad (important dates in Spanish)
Looking for information about donating to Holiday Gift Program? Click here.